Saturday, May 05, 2007

Hot Bajji i.e.Pakora's....

Hot Bajji, a street food preferred by many for a quick and affordable snack, available any where in Bangalore and for that matter anywhere in India. I met across this busy cook preparing it roadside ( CMH Road) late evening....

It is is a type of
Indian cuisine created by taking ingredients such as chicken, onion, eggplant, lentils, potato, spinach, cauliflower, tomato, and chilli, dipping them in a batter of gram flour and then deep-frying them. They are usually served as snacks or appetizers.

They are mostly eaten as starters in restaurants. When onions are so fried they are also known as onion
bhajia, or Pakoda. Here is the recipe…


3 comments:

pandit Mon May 07, 07:21:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Wow. Yummy...I still remember road side bajji shop I used to visit daily in Sampige road , Malleswaram during my good old Bangalore days...

Unknown Mon May 07, 08:31:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Thanks, could't resist myself picking few from the lot. It was tasty!!

R.A. Levin Mon May 07, 10:20:00 AM GMT+5:30  

The thought of having some of those with the Chillies inside, is making my mouth water! Yummy-ness!

Cheers!

-Robert