Friday, April 06, 2007

Watermelon...

It's summer and the best natural cooler is watermelon, many roadside vendors sell slices on the go... I can not image fighting scorching sun without this fruit anyway!!
Fresh watermelon may be eaten in a variety of ways and is also often used to flavour summer drinks and smoothies. The simplest way to cut a watermelon is to slice it crossways and then to slice the resulting round slabs into halves or quarters (pictured above). This method is generally used in a casual setting where people do not mind the juices flowing everywhere. Since the rind provides a handle, no utensils are needed.

5 comments:

Carol E. Fri Apr 06, 10:56:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Yesterday bananas, today watermelon. Yum! There is nothing like a cold, sweet watermelon on a hot day!

Ming the Merciless Fri Apr 06, 11:45:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Nice photo! They look delicious! I I haven't had water melons in a long time. I will have to find some this weekend.

Fabrizio Zanelli Fri Apr 06, 03:18:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Yes the photo is lovely and remind me to Summer. We have them in August ;-)

Anonymous Fri Apr 06, 09:19:00 PM GMT+5:30  

These made my mouth water. It is freezing cold here in Ohio where I live, but I love the taste of watermelon.

This is my first visit to your blog and I like your photography.

Brookville Daily Photo

Anonymous Fri Apr 13, 06:35:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Mmmmmmmmm I love this picture...reminds me of how much i enjoy a cold glass of watermelon juice!!!

wonderful work, you have a great eye for simplicity :))